One word this week: HECTIC. I wasn’t even able to push through with yesterday’s dinner and show at Barbara’s which I was so excited about. Nonetheless, I don’t want my poor blog shriveling up just when I’ve started to feel a wee bit more passion for writing again.
NYX Lipstick is a favorite among bloggers – known for its affordable price range as well as the substantial quality that comes with it. Finally, I have had the time (and resources) to try this out for myself. 🙂 Thanks to Skye Avenue for providing me my NYX fix (at a very affordable price too!). 🙂
Since I primarily just wanted to try this out first, I bought just two lippies: Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose and Soft Matte Lip Cream in Pink Peach Fuzz. Allow me to rave about the Matte Lipstick in this post. 🙂
NYX Website says:
NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented, richly formulated lipsticks that glide on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish as they envelop lips in brilliant color. From Pure Red to Nude, Matte Lipstick is available in 22 rich, shades.
Why it got me in Love at First Swipe? ♥
- First, the packaging. It’s straightforward, not too fancy yet not too drab that I wouldn’t want to bring out in public.
- Creamy formula. I love that this has a matte finish and yet it glides so easily on my lips.
- Great color payoff. NYX’s matte lipstick is pigmented and the first swipe immediately reveals its color.
- It had only a minimum transfer from my lips to my glass with my lippie still intact on my lips. 😀
- Non-drying. Plus plus plus points for this 🙂
- Easy on the pocket price. ♥
This is Tea Rose on me. Very nice and wearable color.
Tea Rose lips with lined lids and Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara
This is bordering on excessive vanity. LOL
Overall, I’m impressed with my first NYX purchase (yes, this is my first! where was I all these years? LOL) and will definitely add to my collection in the future.
How about you? What’s your NYX story? 🙂