So many beautiful blessings on my birthday. Indeed, God is very good (and generous). I’ll be writing a separate post on that; this short post is on today’s look and which is something I’m thankful for – getting the hang of eye makeup.
To put it bluntly, I suck in doing eye makeup. I can never seem to get the right blending, it always creases, I mess up just when I’m about to finish lining my lid, and all other eye makeup emergencies. So when I had lunch with a good friend today and she commented how ‘nice’ my eye makeup was today, it made me feel a little bit ‘kilig’ inside. 🙂 I’m glad that this is the second time that I’ve received compliments on it. I guess practice will make it perfect someday. :p
Let’s skip the blah blah blahs and get down to today’s look.
Thank you pd & co. for today’s beautiful top.
Products Used Continue reading
Late post of FOTD: Trying out Maybelline’s Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. 🙂
I tried to experiment a little bit more with my eyes as I am a complete noob (not to mention klutz!) when it comes to eye makeup. Tried on cream eyeliner for the first time; a little bit of useless information: it’s always the liner (especially liquid) that ruins the look for me courtesy of my shaky hands.
- Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover
- Avon Healthy Makeup Hydrating BB Cream Continue reading
Unruly and unmanageable. That’s how my brows used to be long before I discovered the art of eyebrow shaping. But the chicken that I am, I haven’t really tried plucking or threading. I fear the pain associated with it, I’m afraid.
So far, my brows have just been limited to being shaved. I admit it, I cheat! I simply wait for special occasions when I would have to have my face made up professionally and ask the makeup artist to shape my brows. Henceforth, I will just maintain its shape with one of those tiny pastel-colored Japanese razors (or so they call it).
So how does this ‘technique’ (for lack of a better term) work out for me?
1. I have perfectly groomed eyebrows for about a week or so.
2. I have to watch out for the stray hairs and shave it every 2-3 days then fill it up with brow powder. Not very efficient, huh?
Good thing that I have discovered my personal ticket to neatly groomed brows (or at least the illusion of it, lol). That’s what I would be sharing with you in this post: the ELF Eyebrow Stencil Kit! 🙂
Description: Achieve perfectly shaped brows to accentuate your face. The reusable stencil is easy to use and with 4 stencils: Curved Arch, Soft Arch, Structured Arch and Full Arch to choose from, it makes these brow stencils suitable for all brow shapes. Now your brows can look picture perfect everyday!
The 4 Stencils
(top L) Soft Arch, (top R) Full Arch, (bottom L) Structured Arch, (bottom R) Curved Arch
I tried one stencil per day to test all 4 stencils. Want to see how it looked on me? 🙂
I’ve never experienced spring season but I fancy thinking that I will enjoy it with pretty flowers in bloom and unmistakable crispness in the air. Taking off from my spring fantasies, I came up with this green and pink combo. Think carnations and pink roses in bloom. I like pink and green because it’s girly and gives off a fresh look.
Feels like spring! 🙂
1. Avon Ideal Luminous concealer in Almond
2. Avon Ideal Luminous Pressed Powder in Neutral
3. Fanny Serrano Powder Blush in Silky Coral
4. ELF Makeup Clutch
5. ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil
6. Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Plus
7. Avon Simply Pretty Colorbrights Lipstick in Pampering Pink
Swatches for you.
Some tips in applying eyeshadow:
1. You might want to use a primer especially if you have oily lids.
2. ELF shadows are not very pigmented when applied dry. Applied with a light hand, the effect is quite sheer. I discovered that to have more color and to bring out the pigment, I can wipe my ELF eyeshadow brush (yes, ELF too!) with a baby wipe then dip the brush into the palette. It works! 🙂 (newbie ko, ‘no?:P)
The “tools” – with and without flash
Pampering pink – for pretty in pink lips 🙂
What color combination would you use for spring vibes? 🙂